Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.mikegarry.co.uk.
How we gather your personal information
When you engage with Mike Garry via various channels, including the website, visiting a show, speaking to Mike and others who represent him, we may collect and process your personal data. Only the minimum amount of personal information required will be requested by us to be able to effectively provide you with the best possible experience.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
The personal data we collect, and process can be categorized as follows:
Shop Purchasing Merchandise
Your payment information is processed securely with a third-party, Paypal; therefore, we do not retain any debit or credit card details. For more information please visit https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
When visitors contact us through the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Most websites use “cookies” which are small text files that are stored on your computer when using web browsers. They are used by lots of websites for many different reasons but usually to provide appropriate information to visitors including keeping track of your “cart” and providing relevant product information. We advise allowing cookies in your browser settings to help you get the best from our website. They will not harm your computer or allow us to store credit card details – which is what many people worry about – but are there to help improve your experience. We are providing this information to ensure we are complying with EU laws and General Data Protection Regulations and to make sure we provide a clear and informative service. If you decide that you want to delete cookies, please see below how to change your settings to do this.
If you wish to disallow, disable or delete or control cookies on your browser, please follow the appropriate link for your browser below:
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you wish to find out more about Data Protection and privacy go to www.ico.gov.uk and to contact us about site security please email us at email@example.com
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
- Third parties when required by law, court order or a decision made by a competent public authority for the purposes of law enforcement.
- Trusted third parties carrying out services on our behalf such sales, marketing, IT support, advertising, analytics, research, customer service, product service support, shipping and purchase order fulfilment, data storage, validation, security, fraud prevention, payment processing, and legal services. Such third-party vendors have access to perform these services but are prohibited from using your personal data for other purposes.
- Third parties to establish, exercise or defend legal rights of Mike Garry.
- Other third parties subject to your consent.
- When we disclose your personal data to a third party, we take all reasonable steps to ensure that those third parties are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations with respect to the protection of your personal data. The disclosure is conducted in compliance with legal requirements, including entering into data processing agreements with the relevant third parties, to ensure that personal data is only processed in accordance with our instructions, applicable law and regulations and for the purposes specified by us and to ensure adequate security measures.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
Other than the above, Mike Garry will generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it–which are described in the section above on What personal data we collect and why we collect it–and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
What rights you have over your data
Under the Data Protection Act and EU GDPR, you have rights as an individual which you can exercise in relation to the information we hold about you, namely;
- The right to be informed; why we process the personal data, who we share the data with and how long we will store the data for (see above)
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- The right not to be subject to an automated decision
You can read more about these rights at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/
We try to be as open as we can be in terms of giving people access to their personal information. Individuals can find out if we hold any personal information by making a ‘Subject Access Request’. If we do hold information about you, we will:
- give you confirmation as to whether or not we are holding any personal data about you and if yes, a description of it;
- tell you why we are holding it and how long for
- tell you your rights in respect of personal data held by us
- tell you who it could be disclosed to;
- let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
However, the right to obtain a copy must not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
To make an enquiry about any personal information we may hold, you need to put the request in writing addressing it to our Data Champion, at the address provided below.
If you agree, we will try to deal with your request informally, for example by providing you with the specific information you need over the telephone. If we do hold information about you, you can ask us to correct any mistakes or exercise any of your other rights by, once again, contacting the Data Champion.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How we protect your data
We know how important data security is to everyone and we take all technical, and administrative steps to protect it. We use “https” technology to ensure our website is secure.
Where we store and process your data
Your personal data is stored and processed within the European Economic Area (EEA). The EEA includes all EU Member countries as well as Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
If we are required to deliver, or to perform services outside the EEA to any third countries, as defined in General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Belly Button Designs Ltd and Belly Button Bubble Ltd will ensure that the transfer of your personal data to any third countries is done in accordance with valid law and that relevant legal and security safeguards are observed.
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org
Version 1.01 last modified May 2018